Framework ID: RM6160
Date range: 30/07/2019 – 25/7/2023
Number of lots: 6
Contract type: Framework
Non-Clinical staff play a key role in keeping the NHS running and providing excellent patient care. That’s why it’s so important to us to help you find the right people for the job.
This NHS Workforce Alliance agreement provides non clinical temporary staff largely to the NHS, though other public sector bodies can also use it.
It can be used to cover vacancies, leave (planned and unplanned), digital transformation projects, ad hoc projects, unforeseen work and the clearing of backlogs.
The kind of staff that can be hired on this framework include those with roles in administration, secretarial, finance, accounts and audit, HR, information and communication technology, health informatics, public relations, legal services, catering, drivers, estates and maintenance, security and environmental and scientific services and many more.
We’re committed to helping future proof the NHS and build talent and resources for the long term. We can help you engage with local communities to share the benefits of a career in the NHS, encourage people to retrain in clinical support roles and develop strategies to attract new staff, as well as retain and develop your existing workforce.
The framework has an award support tool which runs a price competition for the customer. This allows a search by region, role and job band, and produces a list that is ranked by cost which can help customers make direct awards – though further competition can also be run under the framework.
The framework uses NHS Improvement recommended price caps and NHS employment check standards to assure workers are compliant and is free to use for those in the NHS and the wider public sector.
There is an extensive choice of suppliers too – 80% of them small and medium sized businesses.
- clear charge rate: straightforward rate card showing charge rates for both PAYE and limited company temporary workers
- risk management: focus on managing the risks associated with engaging interim workers, such as Agency Worker Regulations and stakeholder pensions
- additional savings: through a range of discounts such as nominated worker, volume-based level, prompt payment and length of placement discounts
- efficiency: use of technology and rationalisation of suppliers, resulting in a single point of contact, a centralised booking system and procedure, consolidated invoicing and usage information
- flexibility: ability to tailor agreements with suppliers to meet local requirements, fixed term assignments and international recruitment
- choice: over 200 suppliers included on the framework with a range of specialisms
Lot 1: Administration and secretarial roles
Lot 2: Finance, accounts and audit roles
Lot 3: IT technicians, analysts and technical engineer specialists
Lot 4: Legal secretaries, paralegals and lawyers
Lot 5: Clinical coders and health records secretaries
Lot 6: Caterers, drivers, security, estates and maintenance roles, such as general labour, specialist labour environmental and scientific roles
- Download the Non-Clinical Temporary and Fixed Term Staffing flyer
- Case study: The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Case study: Leeds Teaching Hospital receives a cost-effective staffing solution
*for full access to this framework’s documents, please contact us.