Framework ID: RM6276
Date range: 01/11/2021 – 31/10/2023
Contract type: Framework
This free to access framework offers a short to medium term solution to secure extra clinical capacity and ensure patients can be seen within the trust.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated existing pressures on NHS waiting lists, with 5 million patients now waiting to start treatment. NHS trusts and ICSs may be looking to insourcing models as a way of managing the backlog and bringing down waiting times.
Insourcing models are one way of tackling the backlog while ensuring you can retain capacity planning in house. Insourcing is a term used to describe a range of medical and clinical services, which are deployed to utilise spare, out-of-hours capacity within a trust, in addition to the trust’s existing provisions, with the intention to bolster service outputs and improve efficiency. Such services are typically provided by medical or clinical providers who can provide the specialist capabilities required to deliver an end-to-end service, including clinical governance and oversight.
The agreement includes the provision of clinical services to support you with meeting waiting time targets and easing pressure by utilising the services of providers on NHS premises, allowing you to retain capacity planning.
With the option for direct award and further competition, our insourcing framework offers you access to a broad range of services, both adult and paediatric, under the Light Touch Regime including, but not limited to:
- Cardiology diagnostics
- Diagnostic imaging
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- General Surgery
- Specialist Surgery
- A cost-effective solution, with costs being either at or discounted from tariff
- A compliant and competed process has been undertaken with providers able to meet the requirement
- Ensures consistent standards with regard to the delivery of these services and compliance with NHS requirements
- Cash releasing
- Assists trusts in achieving better Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to contract with providers to the market on bespoke terms and conditions which incorporate flow through as applicable from the NHS Standard Contract
- Call off terms and conditions enhanced to incorporate the specific requirements when procuring a clinical service
- Download the Insourced Services flyer
*for full access to this framework’s documents, please contact us.
Crown Commercial Service
Telephone: 0345 410 2222
Telephone: 01306 646 822
NHS North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative
Telephone: 0114 212 2122
East of England NHS Collaborative Procurement Hub
Telephone: 07983 339 080
NHS London Procurement Partnership
Telephone: 020 3007 0600